HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. This amazing program teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, Nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all animal mothers in Nature.
You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing® films, showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know when you are free of the fear that causes pain and tension. Through self-hypnosis, special breathing, and visualization, HypnoBirthing® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing.