About HypnoBirthing The Mongan Method
Learn how to have a peaceful, calm and comfortable birth with HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method
About HypnoBirthing Classes in Lancashire
HypnoBirthing The Mongan Method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing.
This amazing program teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth. When mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all animal mothers in nature.
You will be fascinated as you view Hypnobirthing the Mongan Method films, showing labouring mothers, awake, alert and in good humour as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know. When you are free of the fear that causes pain and tension.
Through self-hypnosis, special breathing, and visualisation, Hypnobirthing classes in Lancashire teach you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it. As well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
Hypnobirthing classes in Lancashire will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labour
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Help keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labour
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing.
The Mongan Method Premise
For most of their lives, women have been inundated with the negative stories of other women’s birth experiences. Everyone, from their mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends, and even strangers want to tell them the horrors of giving birth.
They have been conditioned to believe that excruciating pain is associated with birth; and because of this, women today hold an unprecedented fear of giving birth. This extreme fear causes their bodies to become tense, and that tension often prevents them from easily performing the normal, physiological function of birth.
The result?—exactly what they feared most–long, painful, disappointing birthings.
People who are drawn to Hypnobirthing have long been searching for a way that helps women give birth as calmly, safely, and gently as possible. Until Hypnobirthing the Mongan method was founded, it seemed almost unattainable.
Through a very simple program of self-hypnosis and education, women learn to release emotions tied to fear-based stories and misinformation, and they are helped to see birth as normal.
They learn to trust that their bodies know how to bring their babies into the world in the calm and gentle way that Nature intended.
HypnoBirthing Classes in Lancashire
Classes are taught in small groups, on a Thursday night from 6-8pm at The Hub at Buckshaw Village Chorley